INTERSTATE Window & Door Company LIFETIME LIMITED TRANSFERRABLE WINDOW WARRANTY
This warranty extends to any person who was the resident owner of the property at the location where and at the time the windows were installed, and who continues to own and reside in said property under the following terms and conditions:
1. Vinyl & CompositWood® Profiles (Lifetime Warranty): Vinyl & CompositWood main frames and sashes, solid colors and SuperCap™ are lifetime warranted not to rot, pit, corrode, peel or blister under normal use and service. Painted and laminated frames and sashes are warranted for fifteen (15) years from date of manufacture. Natural wood finish laminates must be stored in an area free from moisture and sealed within 30 days from date of delivery to dealer and properly maintained thereafter.
2. Light Lift™ SP Window Sash Balance Systems (Lifetime Warranty): Interstate’s exclusive Light Lift Sash Balance System is lifetime warranted against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
3. Insulated Glass (Lifetime Warranty): Insulated Glass manufactured with Duralite™ insulating glass spacer system and installed in an Interstate window is warranted not to show material obstruction of vision resulting from film formation caused by moisture between the interior of glass surfaces due to failure of the airtight seal under normal use & service. All insulated glass has an allowable imperfection range in accordance with American Society for Testing Materials - ASTMC1036. If insulted glass should fail prior to year 20, Interstate will provide a replacement insulated glass unit at no charge. Glass failures from years 21 to 50 will be covered at 50% of the company’s selling price for insulated glass at that time, and years 51 to Lifetime will be covered at 25%. Optional leaded or beveled glass, laminated glass, or other special order glass and glass insulated with a spacer system other than DuraLite is warranted for 5 years from the date of manufacture and carries no proration thereafter. Tempered glass and Simulated Divided Lites (SDL) insulated glass units are warranted for a period of 12 years with no proration thereafter. Insulated glass of any type purchased separately for standalone use (not installed within an Interstate window) is specifically excluded from this warranty. Optional InSure Lifetime Glass Breakage Warranty must be purchased separately at time of original order placement for accidental glass crack or breakage coverage.
4. Aluminum Screen Frames are lifetime warranted against defects under normal use & service. Interstate will provide new fiberglass screen cloth and spline in the event of a defect in the fiberglass screen materials. FlexScreen is warranted for 1 year. A torn/ripped screen after delivery is not considered a defect and is specifically excluded from this warranty.
5. Hardware and Attachments are lifetime warranted against defects under normal use & service.
6. Labor: One-year installation site limited labor warranty. During the first year from date of manufacture, Interstate will provide installation site labor free of charge to make repairs for defects in product installed up to elevations of not more than 3 stories above ground level. If the repair is for insulated glass, sash or screens, Interstate will provide free replacement parts and ship the insulated glass, sash or screens to the installation site or to the installing dealer free of charge. Labor provided by Interstate during the first year after manufacture for the installation site or in plant replacement of insulated glass, sash and screens is at Interstate’s sole discretion.
7. Wood Components in all style windows & doors and wood extension jambs are specifically excluded from this Limited Transferable Warranty.
Limitations & Conditions:
Labor, travel, disposal, shipping and packaging/crating costs associated with the replacement, removal, installation or reinstallation of insulated glass units, sash or screens and windows and doors are not covered under this warranty.
Quality of installation and removal, disposal and reinstallation of window/door may be covered under other warranties as provided by the installing dealer. All Interstate provided job site labor charges, travel charges, and shipping and packaging charges of replacement parts will be at then future prevailing rates. The warranty to corporations, partnerships, government agencies, organizations, or any other entity capable of infinite life and multi resident housing properties is limited to a maximum of 10 years from date of manufacture and subject to the same Limitations & Conditions as stated herein.
Condensation on exterior glass or frame/sash surfaces is not a defect in the window/door and occurs due to humidity within the building in combination with interior/exterior temperature and is specifically excluded from this warranty.
Minor cosmetic improprieties are not considered defects. The word “defect” as used in this warranty is defined as “improprieties that materially impair the use of the product.” This warranty does not apply to windows which have been installed outside of the U.S. and windows which have been subject to faulty or improper installation; damage or defects resulting during transportation, handling and installation; stresses arising from heat application causing temperature differentials over the glass surfaces or glass edges and/or stresses caused by building settlement or movement; glass stress cracks or cracks of any type after delivery; retrofit films/coatings applied to glass and/or window surfaces; sound that may occur from grids between glass tapping against glass surfaces due to building vibrations or product operation; abuse, neglect, misuse, vandalism, accident, fire, flood, hail, wind, explosion, or any act of God or condition beyond the control of the manufacturer such as exposure to exterior building acid wash or other harmful chemicals or pollutants, harsh service environments such as pools and hot tub enclosures, damage to paint/laminate surfaces or failure of the insulated glass seal or damage to product from power washing; transportation units, polycarbonate, Lexan® or acrylic glazings (non-vitreous glazing), non-vertical window/door applications, after market coatings (not Interstate provided), normal weathering/fading of vinyl/painted/ laminated/SuperCap® surfaces, glass surface damage due to scraping with a razor blade or other sharp or abrasive instrument or product, and normal wear and tear of window hardware and attachments. Alterations made to the product after manufacturing voids warranty unless specifically authorized in writing by Interstate. This warranty does not apply unless all Interstate windows and doors installed at the project site have been paid for in full by the Interstate dealer within Interstate’s standard business credit terms and does not apply to windows/doors that have been purchased on clearance.
Upon delivery, protective plastic shrink wrapped windows and doors are not to be stored in direct sunlight or near a heat source; damage from exposure to an excessive heat source is specifically excluded from this warranty. Windows are to be stored upright on a level surface at all times or warranty is void—do not lay windows flat. Replacement components may vary in color or gloss in comparison to original components; Interstate shall not be liable as a result of such variance.
Caulking is not a part of the window product and is selected, supplied and installed by the installing window dealer. Screens are intended to deter, not fully prevent, insect penetration. Screens will not prevent forced entry or prevent a child, person or objects from falling through the screen. Interstate reserves the rights to change, discontinue, or alter any of its products, or the parts incorporated into any of its products, at its sole discretion. If an identical model, color, part or component is not available at Interstate at the time of any claim under this warranty, Interstate reserves the right to substitute any other model, color, part or component as a replacement. This warranty shall be valid only after being fully completed by the dealer, signed by the original purchaser (owner), and promptly mailed to Interstate Window & Door Co. within 30 days after installation.
To submit a warranty claim:
To obtain performance under this warranty, you must have your warranty number or Interstate invoice number available. All claims must be in writing explaining the exact nature of the defect claimed and mailed to Interstate Window & Door Company. If you wish to speak to a representative of the Interstate Service Department, call 570-655-2811 and ask for the window Warranty Department, making certain your warranty or invoice number is available. Interstate Window & Door Co. may request pictures or video of the claim be sent by email and/or shall be allowed to make a reasonable inspection of the window to determine if the claim is valid. Interstate may require that defective part(s) be returned at your cost to receive free replacement parts. Interstate Window & Door Co. is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect. This warranty is made in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other legal rights, which may vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply.
How to Transfer: This limited warranty is transferable by the original property owner to a maximum of one subsequent property owner providing Interstate receives a written notice of transfer within 30 days after the transfer of title of property, along with a $50 transfer fee, sent by certified mail to Interstate. Failure to do so will release Interstate of any further obligation under this limited warranty.
Maintenance & Cleaning: Never pressure wash any window/door as the high pressure can damage the product and compromise the insulated glass seal. Normal cleaning with a damp cloth will typically remove surface dust. For vinyl surfaces use a mild soap solution of dishwashing detergent, or for stubborn stains, a product such as Fantastic may be used. Do not use abrasives. Do not allow acid wash or acid wash overspray to come into contact with glass and frame/sash surfaces as it may cause surface damage and is specifically excluded from warranty coverage. Do not use lubricants on the Light Lift™ SP Balance System, use only water to clean.